THE EASY WAY FOR INSTALLERS TO GET INVOLVED WITH RHI PROJECTS
IBD Distribution provides a unique service to plumbing and heating installers wishing to take advantage of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), by supplying the products and technical support required to offer Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accredited air–source heat pump installations.
Recent changes to the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) have made installing an air source heat pump more attractive than ever for householders, with the initial up-front cost likely to be re-paid in 5-7 years.Against a climate of increasing energy bills and a far greater appreciation of the positive impact renewable heating systems can have on our environment,it’s inevitable that air source heat pumps will continue to grow in popularity.
For installers, this presents a major opportunity to extend their offer. However, with RHI funding only applicable to MCS accredited installations, many have been put off getting involved, due to the cost and resource required.
This is where IBD Distribution offers its unique and indispensable services. As a Daikin UK Specialist Renewable Distributor, the company offers a comprehensive range of MCS certified products and full technical back up, which sees them undertake the system design, final commissioning and project sign-off on behalf of installers, enabling them to offer a fully certified – and guaranteed – installation.
Through Daikin’s regional Training Centres, free installation training is provided. Installers therefore add another string to their bow, whilst all the risk – and the paperwork – sits with IBD.
How it works:
- Installer provides outline project details plans to IBD directly, or via their local merchant.
- IBD produces detailed proposals for an air source heat pump based solution, including product specs, heat loss calculations, schematics and detailed installation instructions.
- Product is supplied via installer’s local merchant.
- If required, the installer is provided with free training at the nearest Daikin Training Centre and on-site.
- Once installed, commissioned and signed off, IBD registers the project as an MCS certified scheme.
- IBD issues the householder with product and system design guarantees, including Daikin Altherma’s market leading 3 or 5 year warranty.
IBD offers the full range of Daikin Altherma air-source heat pumps, highly reliable domestic heating and hot water solutions that are suitable for both new-build properties and retrofit projects. These high seasonal efficiency heat pumps are designed to lower energy bills for households and reduce carbon emissions.
Fully compliant with ErP and other environmental directives, Daikin Altherma heat pumps are easy and economical to install, minimising disruption. And with modern user-friendly controls specially designed to be simple to use and lower running costs, they are popular with householders too.